Thank you for your interest in the Duluth Girls' Hockey Association Scholarship! The 2023 application period is now open! Applications will be accepted through March 31.
This scholarship is the culmination of the association's vision to give back to the amazing female hockey players that have helped to develop a love and passion for hockey in the Twin Ports. Proceeds from the annual St. Luke's Icebreaker Invitational have made funding of this scholarship possible.
The purpose of the Duluth Girls' Hockey Association Scholarship is to provide an award of $2,000 for one deserving senior, who is a former Icebreaker player and is interested in attending a post-secondary educational institution.
Below, you will find information on the details of the scholarship, the application process, and eligibility requirements.
1. Applicant must be a high school senior.
2. Applicant must have been an Icebreaker and demonstrated a strong commitment, work ethic and desire to contribute to the Duluth Girls' Icebreaker hockey program. Applicants should be individuals who have supported, promoted and enhanced the opportunities for the sport of girls hockey to grow locally in Duluth, MN.
3. Applicant must demonstrate commitment to academics, community involvement and athletics.
1. Deadline for scholarship applications is March 31, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
2. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If questions do not apply, please write N/A in the space provided.
4. All applicants regardless of award, will be notified regarding the status of your application.
5. If you have questions regarding the application or requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration and acceptance into an accredited post-secondary institution.
7. Scholarships will be awarded as either two (2) $1000 awards or one (1) $2,000 award.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. Completed application form.
2. Letter of application addressed to the Duluth Girls Hockey Association Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of your career and scholastic goals as well as outlining the reasons why you are applying for this scholarship.
3. An official high school transcript (must be dated within three (3) months of the application deadline).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (former coaches, teachers, mentors, advisors - not family members).
5. There might be a brief in-person or phone interview, if necessary, to determine final candidates.
Congratulations to Kaelin Cochran, our 2022 Icebreaker Scholarship recipient.